Friday, January 2, 2009

The past

These are some of the cousins with our kids. Brian Michael, the tall one, was in our wedding. He has grown up. Justin and Brianna are behind Tym and Alex. They love playing together and spending the night at Aunt Julie's house.

This is my Hannah Montana want a be. Isn't she so cute?
Staring contest me and you. You win, you always do...Will Ferrell on Saturday Night Live.
This is our dog Oddie. He can't live with us yet because he weighs more than my two kids put together. We love him very much and can't with to have him with us again. This is Big Mike for all of you that haven't seen him in a while. This is where he sits most of the time when he isn't driving truck all week long. Doesn't he look like Santa?
Teresa always keeps it in Indiana for Tymothy. He will not even think of rooting for the Patriots, only the Colts!!! Thanks a lot Teresa, Amy and David :)

Tym was reading his new books at Teresa's house.


So you all know that I lost all of our pics from October to December. We have been taking pictures like crazy so you can all see what we've been up to lately. As you can tell I am finishing up my Christmas vacation at home and I am working on a computer at home. My wonderful husband of 8 years has surprised the family with a brand new laptop. I had told you previously that our other computer literally died, it wouldn't even turn on anymore. We are excited and love being able to communicate with all of you. So here goes.

The Hofer's took a long trip to Indiana for Christmas. We stopped in Marion first and stayed with Mrs. Teresa and visited with old friends. We then moved on, which took 3 hours to get there because of an ice storm, to Richmond, IN. That is my in-laws. We spent Christmas there and then headed home. It doesn't sound like much but man were we ready to get home and sleep. We finally slept and then we had an all-nighter at the church on New Year's Eve. That was brilliant!!! Mike and I stayed up all night with the students and of course none of them slept either. We had fun though. We spent yesterday (Jan.1st) inside our house just sleeping and watching movies. It sounds like it was restful but it wasn't. So, today we are watching Phinneas and Ferb on Disney channel and getting ready to shower. We have some things to do, like go to the music store and get some new piano books for my students and get some supplies for school next week.

Since I had lost all of our recent pictures I did not send out Christmas cards this year. Sorry about that. I just usually write a letter of the year and then put in some recent pics. I was so distraught about the pics that I didn't even do it. Consider this your Christmas letter. We love you all so much.
I hope you enjoy the pictures. We love you all and wish you a Happy New Year!



















2 comments:

Justin said...

Hey Mike,

My name is Justin Deweese and I am a Professional Speaker and a Church Planter. I love Jesus and love to communicate His Word. If you need someone to speak in a relevant, engaging, funny, life changing way to your students and encourage them in God’s Word, I would love the opportunity. I would love to attend a D-Now, summer camp or any other event you may have. Check out www.justindeweese.com and you can listen to an audio or video message. God bless and Happy New Year.

jenny marvin mealy said...

Hey there Hofers
Booy do I miss you guys! I am glad that I can keep up with you on line though.

Did I miss something? You have a new dog...did something happen to Joe?

The kids are getting so big. Alex is such a little lady. And Tym is reading! How cool!

Hope all is well. Know that we miss you, love you and are praying for you all!