Monday, September 29, 2008

BEES!!!

Well, we are officially South Dakota residents. We went and got our license plates today. Now we have the faces of Mt. Rushmore on our vehicles. Yes I said vehiclessssss. The blue car is still alive but not moving. Our car guy, Dennis, is looking for a new engine for it. He said that he has been able to get engines for 400 or so bucks over in Japan. They can only drive the toyota's over there up to 50,000 miles then they have to replace the engine. So, he's trying to get us one and then we'll pay for the shipping. At the end of it we will only pay 1,000 instead of 2,500 for a new car. I can dig it. The car is in great shape except that it doesn't run.

So today was Mike's day off. Monday is always that day in case you have tried to contact him and he doesn't respond. After we went to get our plates we went to the driving range. It was really windy but very beautiful. Alex and I both hit some balls today before we went to school. Before we even got onto the range Alex was stung by a bee for the first time. Her middle finger of all places. It's pretty swollen but she has taken it pretty well. Not much else is going on here. We are gearing up for Grandparent's Day at school. We don't have an official grandparent coming but she might as well be...Teresa Francis, who is teacher of the year in Grand County. Congrats!!! Teresa and Amy are coming this weekend and we are soooooo excited to see them. If any of you Hoosiers need to get something to us let her know. She's leaving on Thursday.
Love you all.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I got a bee sting on my middle finger once... swimming in YOUR pool! I think I was taking a break from practicing my Little Mermaid moves or pretending to be a dolphin when it happened. Ahh, those were the days! I do remember that my finger swelled up pretty bad, making it so I couldn't bend it at all. That made a lot of things kind of awkward.