Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Following Days...

So, I made it to NY and Mike made it home safe. We had crossed paths on Saturday and are just waiting to see eachother again. We have been going through the motions of the passing of Wally. It has been surprisingly uplifting. We all loved grandpa and will miss his smile. So many people have been to see us and they all say the same things. It's all about what we learned from him and that is to serve others without asking for things in return. BE A SERVANT AT ALL TIMES!!! That's what gramp did and it has showed this weekend. Mom and I (Kristen) were able to get through "I've Just Seen Jesus" originally sung by Sandi Patti and Larnell Harris. We made it through and there wasn't a dry eye in the building. How powerful!!! We've seen aunts, uncles, cousins and friends that we haven't seen in 15 years or so. They really don't recognize Sarah and I and we really don't recognize them. It is so neat how death brings us all together again. Melissa, I have a picture for you that I'll post when I get back to SD. I took a pic of Gram's snickerdoodles for you guys. I got some great hugs from your folks today too!! Wish you were here. Well, tomorrow is the graveside stuff and then we will celebrate mom's birthday. Yep, going from one emotion to the next but mom deserves it. Continue to keep us in your prayers. We have felt them so far and thank you for them. Much love from NY...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I talked to my parents on their way back from Newark. Wish I could have been with you all. I'm glad you have this time with your family. I look forward to the pictures. If I try real hard, I can taste the cookies:-)

jenny marvin mealy said...

prayin for you tonight my friend. consider yourself hugged!